Over the years, the dining room has become a hub not only for eating, but for intimate talks, small gatherings and even homework-making as well. This is the reason why more and more homeowners are putting their money and efforts into making this room cozier, warmer and more welcoming. Of course, it wouldn’t hurt to also inject some much-needed style into the space. Below are some ideas that might inspire you.
- Yellow and white gives the room cheerful feel. If you can’t paint your walls, go for small pops of the color instead. Add clean yellow lines to your walls and windows, and position yellow frames, vases and pillows as well.
- Add a small touch of pattern to your windows and instantly brighten up your room. Patterns also work for your tables and chairs. Complete the look of your dining furniture with simple oversized candelabras atop your table.
- Make your space more open and inviting while adding some character by getting mismatched chairs in a neutral colors. Complete the whole natural vibe going on with floral wallpaper, bamboo cutting boards and wreaths.
- Complement the beautiful view from your dining room with airy window treatments and a clean wall. Complete the look with a white-washed table and woven, rustic chairs. The right amount of texture can do wonders to the space.
- White is a great color choice for walls, floors and furniture. Soften up the space with small accents and texture pieces. So keep your white table from looking stark, get cushioned chairs with an elegant pattern.
- If you’re planning on going with a neutral palette, play with patterns a little bit to add interest to your dining room. Add a touch of soft florals, bold polka dots and some handsome stripes to keep the whole room well-balanced.
- When decorating a big and open space, work on highlighting architectural elements and capturing light. Show off your favorite collections in shelves to personalize and copy up the space. Get slipcover for your chairs, too.
From traditional to modern, there are so many ways for you to transform your living room and make it a more appealing place to be in. For more home improvement ideas, contact a reputable general contractor in your area. These pros can help you pick the right look for your dining space and put this vision into reality.